Sunday, August 25, 2019

Zoom Zoom!

August is the month I have the most hummingbirds.

I've had as many as six or seven zooming around.

They rarely sit still and thus are hard to count. 

I've been refilling the feeders a couple of times a week.

Most of the feeders are fiercely guarded.

But the Anna's have been known to share.

See?

I'm sure I have more Rufous than Anna's, but this post is mostly Anna's.

I got some nice shots of this one...

...and this one too...

...including a close-up.

But my favorite series is of an Anna's bath-time.

She even dipped her head into the water.

And came up with droplets on her beak.

It was fun to watch her bathe.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun hummingbird photos you shared today, Beth! I love the ones of the bird taking a bath. Too cute! It was really cooler here yesterday so it appeared they were having a feeding frenzy out there. Enjoy your day!

Angie said...

Great photos as always, Beth. The hummer bathing is simply amazing. Especially when she dips her head in the water. It is a most calming image. So worried about this earth!