Monday, August 12, 2019

Next Up

I've finished Square Dance June and I'll show it off tomorrow.  Today I'm previewing my next stitch - March - the birds are calling me.

I haven't had nearly the warblers I've had in past summers, but recently I've seen a female McGillivray's Warbler, an Orange-crowned Warbler, and a male Wilson's Warbler.

I managed a few photos of a bright yellow Wilson's Warbler.

The bird was hanging out at the suet feeder with a small flock of Bushtits. 

He is SO much brighter and yellower than the male American Goldfinches.

It makes him pretty easy to spot.

Inquisitive.

Reflective.

Questioning.
Who knew this small bird had so many expressions!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice choice for your next stitch! What a gorgeous yellow he is! Glad he was visiting at your feeders, Beth!

Rhodesia said...

Just love the Warbler, so bright and cheery. Cheers Diane

Barb said...

That stitch is a good choice for you!! Oh my gosh, those Warblers are so pretty!!