Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday's Report


Design - "Watermellon"
Chart - "123 August"
Designer - Curtis Boehringer
Fabric - 32 count Antique White Jobelan
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 4 August 2016
Completed - 5 August 2016 

Today is a watermelon day for sure - it's supposed to reach 100f! If it does it will be the hottest day this summer.

Most of the California Quail families have merged with one another and I cannot break them up into family groups.   

They stay close to the brushy edge of the backyard. I think there are well over 50 birds at any given time. 

I was very happy to have a Red-breasted Nuthatch stop by.

They are relatively common feeder birds for lots of folks, but not for me.

This feeder behavior mimics the insect gleaning they do on large fir trees - head first! 

I can only hope he'll continue to stop by.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the watermelon stitch by Curtis B.! I stitched the larger design for an exchange. What a fun bird to watch!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I miss my one Nuthatcher--had one all winter--
but come spring he disappeared--haven't seen him since--
so thanks for the lovely photos of one--
luv, di