Saturday, August 31, 2019

Saturday's Critters

Some interesting critters this week. 

This large beetle was on the sidewalk in front of the store where I work.  A co-worker rescued it and put in the the grass in the back alley.

I found this Blue-tailed Skink on a rug in the kitchen. I corralled it in a plastic container and got in safely outside.

Lots of chipmunk action.

Vacuuming up seeds in those fat cheeks.

Having a nibble.

Up in the brush looking for blackberries.

And watching...

Speaking of watching...

Parvati had her eye on these two bunnies.

They were in the morning sun having a bit of breakfast.

Bunny #1

Bunny #2

This bunny has a light brown patch on the back of his neck. 

Look who's here!

It's Spike!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

We have a couple of those skinks around here; they hang out in the garage and under the front porch. Interesting looking beetle! Hello Spike!

Vickie said...

Oh! I could not pick up that beetle! Or that skink!!

Meg said...

Oooh, that lizard is cool! I've never seen one like that. When I was a kid, we would have rock lizards that would literally drop their tail off if you caught them by it, as a means to escape. Why is that lizard's tail blue? I'm trying to think of the evolutionary reason for it and I'm coming up empty.

Is that a click beetle? I think we saw something similar when we were camping a few weeks ago. One YouTube video I saw showed someone holding a click beetle and making it click by pressing slightly on its body. It looked a lot like yours. I guess they make the clicking sound as a self-defense mechanism and to propel their bodies into the air.