Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday's Hummers

I have lots of young Rufous Hummingbirds now.

They all appear to by feisty and full of themselves. 

I've seen as many as three at a time.

The sad news is that my male Rufous has moved on.
I haven't seen him for several days now.  Truly his work is done, and I guess he could be headed south on a migration journey.  

Fortunately the Anna's are here and will stay all year.

You can tell this female has been hard at work as a pollenator!

She is guarding my Mudroom Flowerbed which is full of salvias and agastaches.

And for a spot of color, there's still the male Anna's Hummingbird.

I know I'm partial, but I think the Anna's males are more handsome than Ruby-throated as their entire head glows.

What do you think?

She thinks he is very handsome.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Such beautiful birds, the male Anna's head is so striking!!

LaNelle said...

Beth, Happy Sunday! One can never have too many hummers😘 love watching the young ones too what energy!! Gorgeous pictures once again.. Thank you for always making my Sunday humming happy 😊

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely little treasures of nature Beth.

Robin in Virginia said...

I look forward to seeing your Sunday hummers, Beth. Thank you for sharing!

Rhodesia said...

Great photos and that Anna male is incredible. Have a good week Diane

RJ said...

Your hummers are so charming Beth. I love their delicate features. Have a wonderful weekend. RJ

Barb said...

I agree! When the sun hits the Anna's head, he just glows!

Margaret said...

I love them all, but yes the male Anaas is beautiful!

Carol said...

Oh, my! The color on that male Anna is amazing, Beth--what gorgeous hummer photos :)