Saturday, June 2, 2018

May's Trail Camera Photos - The Backyard - Camera #1

We had a lot going on in the backyard in May starting with an opossum. 

There were dozens and dozens of photos of the California Quail. 

And several of bunnies as well.

I always like a hopping bunny.

Not nearly as many deer as in some months.

Opossum again.

Bob-cat early in the morning...

Opossum at night...

...one hour later the bob-cat comes by.

Looking around...

Hunkering down.

Quail with a Steller's Jay.

Raccoon. 

We must be on a nightly route for this guy.

Bounding bunny.

The masked bandit.

Scratching an itch.

I think this is a fox.  I hope he shows up again in June.

7 comments:

MaryO said...

WOW! Love the pics! When I lived in CT we had foxes. Here in crowded SoCal ... not. Lots of possums tho
I really look forward to the monthly trail pics!
MaryO1230

Robin in Virginia said...

The bobcat looks very regal. Love the bounding bunny! Great pictures, Beth!

Kristen said...

The bobcat was definitely posing!

Barb said...

That bob-cat is quite an animal!!

Rhodesia said...

Interesting post. Amazing what happens in the backyard. Cheers Diane

Margaret said...

You have a busy trail there!

Maggee said...

Great shots here too! It reminded me that one early morning, as I was getting ready to go birding, I happened to look out at my feeders in the front yard and something caught my eye. It was a possum! I tried to scare it off at my window, but it would not move. A minute later, I knew why... there were three more (babies) right under my window! Had my husband try to scare them off, but at first they didn't budge... he got a broomstick and knocked on the bricks and that got them moving! Ugh... not something we want around here! But I never would have known if I hadn't been up that early! Hugs!