Monday, June 4, 2018

First Visit to Farmers' Market

It's June and that means I should stitch a beehive or two.  I've kitted up Heart in Hand's "Bird in Hand: Summer" as it has a small beehive. 


As most of you know, I began working part-time in November.  As I often work on Saturdays, I've not been able to visit the Lane County Farmers' Market this year.  Last Saturday I had a day off, so off I went. 

Lots of colors and fragrances - from garlic scapes...

...to Swiss chard.

Pungent basil...

...and tomato starts.

New potatoes

Turnips, carrots, and onions.

Buckets of peonies...

..and iris.

My favorite bouquet - this combination of peonies and iris.

Color and fragrance again - fresh strawberries.

Weird and wonderful mushrooms.

Funky succulents for sale.

Lettuce

Radishes

Kohlrabi

And fresh fish from the Oregon coast!
A great June Market.

6 comments:

LaNelle said...

Great June stitching 🐝 what a fabulous farmers market! Have a wonderful week...blessings

Robin in Virginia said...

I like the piece you have chosen to stitch for June. What fabulous photos you shared of your farmers' market. The flowers are stunning.

Barb said...

That's a great June stitching project. It might seem odd to say your photos of the market are beautiful but I do think they are!

Meg said...

Oh, what a wonderful farmers market! I haven’t made it down to ours yet but possibly this weekend.... My favorite market is in tiny Challis, Idaho, where I visit my mom. It’s a small market, and they are high altitude (mile high) so their growing season is late and short. All of the sellers are regular folks who just grow big gardens and sell their excess. The prices are amazing... cheaper than the grocery store. The Boise market is great, too, but it tends to be very high end and I can’t always pay what they ask ($4 for one tomato?!). Love to support local, organic farms, but I have to pay the mortgage, too! Haha....

Have a great week!

Stewart M said...

I love these markets - great food, and great photo opportunities as well!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Maggee said...

What a great set of pictures of your Farmer's Market! The colors are so vivid, which means 'fresh food!' Our Farmer's Market is expensive too, like Meg was saying... We went out to the farms in our area again this Spring and picked strawberries and also spring peas. But... it really isn't worth it--the variety of stores here have the same things and it doesn't make our backs hurt afterwards! Hugs!