Friday, June 22, 2018

Newest Pattern in the Little Stitcher's Bird Series

I purchased the newest bird in The Little Stitcher's series.  It's a European Goldfinch - very different looking than our smaller mostly yellow American Goldfinch.  Am looking forward to beginning this.

And speaking of small yellow birds...

For several mornings now a Orange-crowned Warbler has been flitting about.

It is much more quietly colored than many warblers...

...and it does a great job of hiding behind leaves!

Here it is!

And a bit closer still.

A nice side profile.

I also had a larger yellow bird come by.

A female Bullock's Oriole.  I wish I'd been able to get
better photos when it was closer.

I've had a flycatcher or two as well.  

My birding experts seem to feel that this is a Dusky Flycatcher.

If so, it is a new Yard Bird and Life Bird for me.

I know that Blogger has been frustrating with Comment problems lately.  I have been upset that I've not been able to respond to comment.  Blogger has finally come up with a solution.  If you are the author of a Blogger-powered blog. You can reinstate receiving comments via your email.  
Here's how:
Go to your Blogger Dashboard
Click on "Settings" (on the left)
Clock on Email
DELETE the email you have listed in the "Comment Notification Email" box.
Click on "Save Settings" (upper right)
Now retype your email in the Comment Notification Email box.
Click on Save Settings once again.
You should receive an email from Blogger saying you are going to get email comment notifications.

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Our goldfinches are very pretty little birds Beth, we had a couple briefly visit just over a week ago.

Beth said...

Test

Barb said...

Your new little discovery is very pretty! All those yellow birds are beautiful. I hope that new plan works! I hate not responding, that is part of what makes bloggers friends!!

Rhodesia said...

Have just tried your email trick, hope it works!! Thanks Diane

Mary said...

The Orange crowned warbler is a beautiful bird. Great new stitch you chose!

Carol said...

Such a pretty new chart, Beth... I sure hope this new blogger fix works out. It has been a frustrating month for keeping in touch, hasn't it?