Saturday, June 23, 2018

The First Fawn!

So I think there are around nine or so chipmunks.

Basically this means that I have clumps of sunflower seeds germinating everywhere!  In the flowerbeds, in my potted plants - you name it!

Parvati watches with interest, but at 17 years old, she is not much of one for a chase any longer.

Thus there are bunnies in the lettuce.

Bad Bunny!

This is where you belong.

Munching dandelions...

...and the like.

Mother and child!  This is the first fawn of the year. 

Hiding.

Mama was extremely alert...

...and very attentive.

Off they go...

...but not before one last kiss!

And this poor girl still has yet to deliver.
Since I took these photos I've seen a doe with twins, but was not able to span any photos.


7 comments:

Mary said...

So nice of you to feed the bunnies that gorgeous lettuce!:) I just love watching the does and fawns together, you captured great shots.

Vickie said...

Oh how precious.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Beth, I am sorry the bunnies are munching on your lettuce. The doe and fawn are gorgeous. I hope the doe has finally given birth. We have a doe with twins. Enjoy your Saturday!

Barb said...

What a cute mother and baby deer! However, I really don't want them eating my hardy fushias!!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely photos of mama and baby Beth, such gentle creatures. Parvati looks good for seventeen:-)

Stewart M said...

What great garden animals - must be worth giving up some grass and lettuce for them I think.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Carol said...

Aw... there is just something so sweet about newborn fawns. I love their spots! I saw twin fawns with their mama feasting on our low hanging shrubs back by the pond yesterday... Tis the season!