Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday's Finish

Design - "Easter Treat"
Designer - The Trilogy
Fabric - 32 count Summer Khaki linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 April 2017
Completed - 30 June 2017

On the bird front, there's still lots of youngsters out and about.

This group of Violet-green Swallow babies fledged on July 3rd and the house is now empty.

This house (and two others) are still active with the parents feeding the babies.

As for the California Quail, I have no idea how many babies there might be.

I've counted different groups of 17 and 6...

This is one of the larger groups.

The parents are extremely attentive.

As small as the chicks are (they still 'peep'), they can fly for short distances.

I think they look a little like young ducklings. 

Cute or homily? 

This is the largest group - I counted 30-34!
I don't know if 2 groups have merged into one large group or if they all belong to the same clutch. 

They are all the same size.

I wonder how far  they walk in a day.

Papa watches over them all.

5 comments:

Maggee said...

Wow! So many babies!! Wow! I think they are adorable! Where do they go when they get bigger? I know you won't have them all at your property...

MaryO said...

Simply adorable!😀

deb said...

What a great shot of Papa Quail on the fence post - he's stunning!

The Easter piece is adorable - can almost hear that little chick going peep peep peepeepeep.

Barb said...

I think all baby birds are cute!!! You will now have a new stitch for next Easter!! It's really a cute one.

Carol said...

Love your sweet finish, Beth--and oh, my! So many baby quail--I sure would love to see some in person!