Monday, January 30, 2017

Winter Stitch and Winter Bird

Design - "Cold Hands Warm Heart"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 16 count Stardust Heatherfield
Fibers - GAST & Rainbow Gallery Wisper fibers
Started - 10 January 1999
Completed - 6 February 1999

Gosh I've not stitched on Heatherfield for years and years now.  And as I remember Wisper fibers are a challenge as they stretch out and tear apart. 

I've not seen my Chestnut-backed Chickadees for a week or so.  But the Black-capped Chickadees are busy at the feeders. In the winter they eat about 50% seeds and berries...

...and 50% insects, spiders & suet.

So this guy was thrilled with all the small insects flying about. 

I think he was a bit overwhelmed by the sudden bounty.

Where'd they go?

There they are!

Yummy!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

The chicakdee is so adorable! Seems so odd to see insects!

Maggee said...

What a cute snowman stitch! We had bugs around last week, but I did not see any birds eating them... The fluctuating weather must have brought them in! I have seen snow flurries today! But, now the sun is shining, clouds are being blown away by pretty hefty winds... it's winter! Yet last week, we had nicer, warm, spring-like weather! I like warm!! Hugs!

Margaret said...

Wow, that is so cool! I wonder where all those tiny insects came from?

Carol said...

I always liked that pretty blue Heatherfield for winter stitching, Beth. I don't think they make it any longer.

That chickadee looks quite pleased with his selection of insects :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

He just didn't know what to take from the sumptuous buffet!