Monday, January 2, 2017

A Skiff of Snow

Garden Grumbles and Cross Stitch Fumbles January 2017 Blog Header

Here are the details for this month's blog header. 

Lizzie Kate,  "Tis the Season", Lizzie Kate, "Tiny Tidings XX" - "Snow", Lizzie Kate, "Tiny Tidings XIX" - "Snow Bird".

We began 2017 with a skiff of snow.

It made for more activity than usual at the bird feeders.
Here's a female Flicker.

And a male Hairy Woodpecker.

This Rufous Towhee looks none too pleased at the snow.

I think the California Quail are my favorite Snow Birds.

As the snow covered the grasses, they too were active at the feeders.

A nice mix of males and females. 

Everyone was puffed up against the cold weather.
  
Ready, set, go!

Forward, March!

We are to have cold weather with snow flurries for several days.  A very different winter than we normally have in the Willamette Valley.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Quail are among my favorite birds, period. Always love seeing your flocks. Nice January header!

CalamityJr said...

A perfect post! Snowmen are one of my favorite stitching subjects, and I always love your quail photos. Thanks for sharing!

Frances said...

Those snowmen are really cute! I haven't stitched many snowmen, so I think I'll pull out a few and do some!
Your photos are always so pretty, but I think these snow scenes are really beautiful! I always like the fat, puffy quail and they are really stunning in the snow!!

Vickie said...

I love your new header Beth. The quail in the snow made for good pictures.

Barb said...

The quail do look beautiful with that little bit of snow on the ground. Stay warm and keep the feeders full, that's my motto for the week!

Justine said...

Beautiful photos, I like the flicker especially. What a gorgeous bird.
Love the new header!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like your flicker photo. I hope 2017 is a good year for you and your family.

Maggee said...

Love the snowmen header! Definitely in the mood for seeing them, considering we just got through a blizzard! I would say we had over 8 inches of snow, but the wind kept blowing it off... We have pretty drifts in the backyard, where my husband has NOT tramped through! Love your birds, of course! Hugs!