Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Almost February

Design - "Frosty Valentine" (Black Sheep kit)
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Cameo Rose linen
Fibers - Anchor - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 1 February 2008
Completed - 25 February 2008

I think this older finish is the perfect one to share as we transition from January to February.  A snowman with a heart on his hat and a banner "for you". We shall have to see if we end up having a frosty Valentine's Day.


While most of the quail milled about on the grass below...

...this male kept watch from high up a sturdy blackberry vine.

He sounded his alarm call without ceasing...

...but no one else appeared to be disturbed.


9 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes! This finish drew my eye right away with the color. ♥

Carol said...

That is a great snowman for February--still can hardly believe January is ending today!

Karyn said...

I love your "Frosty Valentine" Banner for February, it is perfect! I looked at the calendar this morning and can't believe that February's almost here...where did the month go?!
The quail are beautiful and that male is amazing...great pics, Beth.
Hugs

MaryO said...

Beautiful finish!

Aren't birds something else? I once had a scrub jay 'sounding the alarm' and there wasn't a cat, hawk or anything else threatening in sight. Eventually, the birds figured it out and continued feeding.

MaryO1230
San Pedro, CA

Mouse said...

Ok I have blinked and the month has almost gone ... the time is moving soo fast ... love the quail photos ... and your wee stitching banner too :) love mouse xxxx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Beth. I love the Valentine's Day snowman -- you are multi-talented! The quail are wonderful -- I never see them here in Florida and not often in Oregon, although once when we lived on the Lake (Fern Ridge) we had a yard full of them.

deb said...

So ... this guy's a worrywart? Till you said he was calling alarm, I thought he was just making sure he had the best view of all the ladyquail. ;)

Cute snowman finish!

Barb said...

I have really enjoyed seeing all your past snowman stitches. We are back in the deep freeze. I hope those quail can stay warm!

Maggee said...

I really love these Ewe & I snowmen you did... that must have been a series or set. Never saw them or heard about them at my LNS. Those are some thick blackberry vines...I haven't seen them in years tho... so what do I know?! Hugs!