Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Finish Plus Garden and Market Delights

I thought that since this month is about finishing up some of my many WIPs, I'd show 'before' and 'after' photos.
So here's BEFORE...a terrible photo as I now look at it.

Here's AFTER!

Design - "July"
Designer - Shepherd's Bush
Fabric - 30 count Parchment linen
Fibers - DMC & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 29 July 2014
Completed - 4 August 2014

This week Tracie from Fishtail Cottage, Jami from An Oregon CottageMichelle from Simplify Live LoveBrooke from Creative Country Mom and Shelly from Frugal Family Home have all come together to co-host The Tuesday Garden Party - wow!.

Here's my Number One Garden Helper!  Tom-Cat.  
Given how hot and humid it has been of late in western Oregon, I think he has the right idea .

This week I'm sharing Things in Bloom

Morning Glories

Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

Prairie Coneflower Ratibida columnifera

Helenium - "Copella"
Love it - need to buy more!

Verbena bonariensis in the center. Pale pink Fuchsia in front is "Rosella", Fuchsia in back is "Electric Lights".  These two plants are in the searing sun on a west-facing patio.  They've held up wonderfully well and are super shaped compact plants. 

Lilium Black Beauty

          Salvia guaranitica "Black and Blue"


Coneflower  - Echinacea "Tomato Soup"

Salvia chamaedryoides  - "Marine Blue"

Sedum (no tag sorry!)

Mexican Cardinal Flower Lobelia laxiflora

Fuchsia - "Electric Lights"

Echinacea "Tomato Soup" and Agastache "Blue Fortune".

Verbena bonariensis with Agastache "Apricot Sunrise" and to the far right Penstemon "Chiapas x Hidalgo"

Stargazer Lilies

Our local Farmers' Market has a plan to grow larger still!

In August we have eggplants, and peaches, and plums, and melons, and berries.

Tomatillos

Bell Peppers

Berries

Sunflowers

Tomatoes

Sweet Peppers

More Sunflowers

Desserts!

We are going to make a Zucchini Bake. I'll let you know how it goes. 

One year ago today Mom, my sister, and I immersed ourselves in the world of Harry Potter at Warner Brothers Studios.

12 comments:

angie said...

wunderschöne blumen!!! und ihre katze ist sooooo süß!!! alles liebe von angie aus deutschland

Vickie said...

Oh such lovely photos today. Tom Cat is so precious. :)
That is a great finish too.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So many gorgeous blooms here...and that poor cat...you wore him out making him do your weeding! :)

Melissa said...

Wow, what a wonderful and colourful post! I love those flowers but you knew I would! The morning glories are like neon lights! I've never seen the prairie coneflower before nor that shade of helenium. The yellow echinacea - for some reason my yellow ones never seem to come back!

Nice stitchy finish, BTW!

Have fun with your zucchini bake. I was just telling my husband I need to remember to harvest some of ours before we swell up like balloons!

Barb said...

I love seeing all the different colors of the peppers. There are some I haven't seen. A great market!!! I especially like the color of your helenium. Mine is a darker red. Yours was so pretty. This is my first year for black and blue , does it come back? I really like it.

Jennifer said...

I think your Hellenium is the "Mardi Gras" variety. I have one that is similar, but with a bit more yellow.

cucki said...

Aww sweet stitches..
Pretty photos xx

Margaret said...

Love your finish! Love your garden -- wow! Love your farmer's market too. Wish I could go!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!
I am in awe of your morning glory's. All your blooms are soooo pretty.
Great farmers market - seeing those berries & tomatoes make me hungry!
love Annette

A Joyful Cottage said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I've always loved Morning Glories; such a pretty old-fashion flower. Your cross stitch work is very nice. Years ago I cross stitched, but now do other crafts, like quilting. I see you live in Lane County. We considered moving to that area last year, but decided on NE Oregon. Love it here. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the comment. Have a great day. ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

~ Toni ~ said...

Congratulations on the finish. I might have to add this to my wishlist. At least Tom Cat stays back or maybe he was resting. My garden helpers are usually laying in the flowers or veggies. Looks like some great plans for your local market. I miss being near the Willamette Valley during berry and nut season. Yum!

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish. Love the flowers , so many favourites.