Friday, August 1, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Here's my progress on "July" by Shepherd's Bush. As you can see, I did not make my self-imposed deadline and finish before month's end. I've decided that I will devote August to a theme I'm calling "Organizing August".  Basically my WIP's have gotten out of control, so No New Starts until a WIP or two is completed.  We'll see how disciplined I am about that!   

I didn't know bunnies ate Queen Ann's Lace... 

Did you?  This one was quite happily munching away on the flowers.

We do had oodles of bunnies this summer.

It's rare to have two so close together. More often they have a bunny romp to see who gets to stay and who has to move on a few feet away. 

I think I even saw bunnies in the act of making yet more bunnies!

Not a great photo, but am pretty sure it is a Hairy Woodpecker. My Hairy Woodpeckers have mostly been AWOL this year, so I'm always excited if I catch a glimpse of one. 

My sister's Dahlia Garden is at the edge of the forest, so she has Nuthatches come to her feeder there. 

Late in the evening this Western Wood Peewee perched atop a maple tree. He then flew straight up catching an insect, and then returned to his perch. He repeated this multiple times.    

One year ago today Mom and I bused and walked along Hadrian's Wall. The day started at 6:00am when we woke in Carlisle and ended well after midnight when we got back to our apartment in London.  I did not put together the Hadrian's Wall post immediately upon returning to London.  I got the photos downloaded and the post about half written. And there it sat unfinished.  For a year! So I decided that since no one has seen the post I'd post it one year later immediately following this post.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your WIP. And so many bunnies! Love them!

Vickie said...

Good for you knocking off a few more WIPs.
That pee wee is adorable. :)

Carol said...

I think your plan for August sounds like a great one, Beth. I'm just the opposite--being a one at a time stitcher has left me without a current project! Need to go stash diving later today and see what I come up with :)

Your new WIP and the bunnies are all so sweet!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I can't remember seeing you work on an SB design before, I love their patterns. I do like the mix you have in your August blog header.

Heather said...

I can't wait to see what you get finished this month! :-)

Barb said...

The western Wood Peewee is a cute little bird! Good luck and good discipline! That is a great patriotic start!

Catherine said...

Loved the title of this post, since I too am playing catch up ~ finally sat down with my tea and had time to read through about twenty of your posts! Such a pleasure and a relaxing way to spend some morning time!

Maggee said...

Western Wood PeeWee... adorable name for an adorable birdie! Bunnies, bunnies, everywhere eh? Organizing August eh? okay... I will be doing whatever strikes my fancy. I will be traveling soon, so thinking smaller project.