Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rabbits and Lilies

So it is almost 10:00am, and yet the skies are grey, and the temperature is only 56F.  To counter that reality, my first photo is of a glorious display of cut sunflowers for sale at the Corvallis Farmers' Market.  The sunflowers bring to mind clear blue skies, and temperatures in the 80F range!

Design - "Plaid Bunny"
Chart - "The Bunny Collection"
Designer - JBW Designs
Fabric - 28 count Antique White Cashel
Floss - DMC
Started - 6 August 2010
Completed - 9 August 2010

I did manage to finish up my "Plaid Bunny" yesterday.  I stitched the pink detail last of all, and was not sure that I liked it as I began to add it.  But as I stitched more of the color I could see that it really made the plaid pattern "pop", so it stayed.  I could not resist, so added the obligatory five cabbages to the design.    

As for gardening, I've not been very inspired with these cool, grey days.  I was, however, enamored with the display of lilies for sale at the Farmers' Market up in Corvallis. The grower is to be commended - strong sturdy stocks, and wonderfully fragrant blooms. 

Hard as it may be to believe, I did resist the temptation and walked away empty-handed.  But really that is not because I have wonderful will-power, it is because with deer and no deer fence I know that these lovelies would not last 48 hours!

And anyway, how could I choose just one?

I can't even pick out a favorite amongst these.

They are all lovely in their own way.

Plus they all smell divine.

I refuse to worry about stains from the pollen, that's a very small price to pay!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm not sure I could have been as strong! Those lilies are just beautiful! But we have the same deer problem as you. The deer would see them as a gourmet feast!

Susan said...

Amazing lilies!

natalysneedle said...

Love your plaid bunny!

Jami @An Oregon Cottage said...

I have 2 lone lilies, but I do love them when they bloom. Every year when I see them I think I've got to get more...

Thanks for sharing these photos at the Tuesday Garden Party!