Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Ladybug For Your Viewing Pleasure

Design - Little Bugs - Ladybug
Designer - Knotted Tree
Fabric - 32 count raw linen
Fibers - DMC & GAST
Started - 24 March 2009
Completed - 26 March 2009

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd stitched several of the Knotted Tree's insect patterns.  This ladybug is another in here series.  I particularly like the effect of the GAST thread on the border.

This morning the light is diffused and a bit golden.  It is cool and feels more like mid-September than early August.
The California Quail family was out and about this morning.


My sister's volunteer sunflower has come into its own.


The hummingbirds and I are enjoying the blossoms on the Iochroma
and the Phygelius.

 

3 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a cute ladybug! The sunflowers are awesome as is that other flower whose name has already escaped me.... pitiful!

Deborah said...

The flowers are beautiful and theladybug is very cute.

natalysneedle said...

Love your ladybug. I wish it were cool here. The humidity has been really bad.