Friday, March 8, 2019

Waiting for Spring

Design - "Luck to You"
Chart - "Spring Things"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 20 March 2016
Completed - 21 March 2016

The days seem to fly by and I cannot find time to stitch.  Hope this blast from the past does the trick for today.

The snow has begun to melt in town and starling and robins are flocking to athletic fields to eat. 

I think there were close to 200 hundred robins.

They had a tough time of it when snow covered all the fields.

Several folks I know set out bits of apples and strawberries to help the robins get by.

I put out some dried mealworms which did the trick.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, look at all those robins! I really like your Luck piece, Beth. Off to see if I have that chart!

Carol said...

Amazing how many robins you have there, Beth! We are snow-covered here, too, and I saw a poor robin trying to eat from our suet feeder the other day. He didn't have much luck. I'm currently stitching the robin by Heartstring Samplery that I think you did a while back :)

Barb said...

I sure hope we see some sure signs of spring soon. We had two more mornings of snow flurries!