Monday, March 18, 2019

He's Baaaack!

You've probably been following the Nashville Market new releases.
I certainly have - these designs were Must Buy for me.

Normally I'd wait for the weekend...

...but we have to celebrate the return of this guy!

A male Rufous Hummingbird.

Last year I had my first sighting on March 1st.

This year, while there were sightings on the coast around the first of the month, the hummers did not come east over the coast range until the snow was gone and temperatures had moderated. 

Smart little guys.

So my first sighting this year was March 14th...

...but I was not able to get any photos until the 15th. 

Isn't he just gorgeous? 

I think I saw a female on the 16th as well.

Meanwhile...the female Anna's are hard at work...

...gathering nesting material and constructing their nests.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice Market haul, Beth! Did you see the Stitching Bird from Heart in Hand? Welcome back, Mr. Rufous Hummer! What a handsome little fellow!

LaNelle said...

Oh Beth, he is just spectacular! Colors are fabulous just a beauty and he came on a wonderful day my Dads 85 Birthday so what a celebration! I also love your choices from Nashville some of my favorites as well...enjoy your week watching your hummingbirds..

Carol said...

Such a welcome feathery friend--he is so sweet, Beth! And enjoy those Market goodies! I am restraining myself this year :)

Barb said...

He certainly is a beauty!!! What a joy to see them back. I haven't spotted one yet. Great designs from market. I have a few picked out but not yet ordered.

Vickie said...

I am thinking the Square Dance series will be owned by me at some point here!! Love it so much! Those hummingbirds are so wonderful to watch.