Thursday, March 21, 2019

Oh My Stars and Shamrocks!


 
Design - "More Than Luck"
Designer - Carriage House Samplings
Fabric - 28 count Natural / Tin Roof Gingham linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 23 March 2016
Completed - 20 June 2016

So I've shown of the shamrocks...what made be exclaim "Oh my stars!"?

Monday afternoon my sister and I were outside and I was watching a group of birds circling overhead.  One was a Red-tailed Hawk...no big deal.

But then this one caught my eye.  What's with the white tail and head?

It was an adult Bald Eagle!

Just about the last thing I expected to see,

Wow!

I had a juvenile Bald Eagle light in a tree back in April 2017.
So this was only my 2nd confirmed sighting.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

More Thank Luck is beautiful! I have never seen this pattern.
Lucky you seeing an Eagle!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Shamrock piece is lovely. I wonder if the pattern is still available. What fabulous snapshots you were able to catch of the Bald Eagle! Simply wow!

Diane said...

Don't think I am ever likely to see an eagle here, lucky for you. Have a good weekend Diane