Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lovely Birds & Weird Weather

Today I'm showing off a couple of bird prints.
I received this Marjolein Bastin print as a Christmas gift.  All the featured birds are common garden birds in Europe and the UK.  They include the Collared Dove,  Great Spotted Woodpecker, Eurasian Blue Tit, Great Tit, and Eurasian Nuthatch. 

I picked up this print at the Seattle Garden and Flower Show. I was familiar with the artist, Eileen Sorg, through her series of cards.  She designs under the name Two Dogs Studio, and I got to meet her.  I love her style - this print is titled "My Not So Still Life" and features NW birds and critters - a couple of Annas Hummingbirds, a Bewick's Wren, a Golden-crowned Kinglet, a Downy Woodpecker, and a chipmunk.  

Wednesday began with freezing rain.

It did not appear to bother the birds.

It did start to cling on the trees...

...and shrubs like this hawthorn.

Anything metal...

...or plastic grew icicles.

About the time I began to get worried...

...as the trees were weighting down...

...it transitioned into snow!

What?!?  In western Oregon in March?

What will today bring?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The weather has been weird this year. This past weekend was the first time that the snow stayed snow with no ice involved. Very refreshing!

Barb said...

Love those pretty prints!! I just don't know what to think. another snow day up here! It did melt at least by late afternoon but what a morning mess. At least no ice, very sorry to see you have that too. I hope your plants are doing better than mine!