Thursday, March 28, 2019

Eggs

Design - "Sampling Easter"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 30 count WDW Parchment linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 12 March 2012
Completed - 19 March 2012

Note the three colorful eggs in the Easter basket.

And soon this Anna will be sitting on an egg or two the size of tic-tac mints.

I've had two Anna's working away gathering nesting material.

One heads off south down the hillside.

The other zooms over the roof of the house and head north.

Soon a Rufous Hummingbird female or two should start to take advantage of the organic cotton nesting ball. 

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

I’ve always loved this little stitch..just a cutie! Loving all these hummingbirds can’t have too many...

Rhodesia said...

Easter seems to come around so quickly, but then so does Christmas these days!!! Love the humming bird shots. Have a good day Diane

Vickie said...

Oh! What a surprise! I just finished stitching this one myself. I love it.

Carol said...

Wow! I can't imagine a birds egg that small! Nature it truly amazing~

Barb said...

That's a delightful design and I love seeing the little hummingbird building a nest!!