Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Further Signs of Spring

I'm the first to admit it does not look like much.
Nonetheless, it's a new start.


I heard a pair of Tree Swallows...

...and the first of the Violet-green Swallows are already house-hunting.

This is the female.

I always wonder if the same pair uses the same nesting box year after year, or if I have new tenants each yaer.  

The male patiently waited while his mate checked out the digs.

And they're back too, darn it!

The first of the Band-tailed Pigeons have found my feeders. 

Gotta' admit this is a clever bird stretching over to get the food. 

I've removed all the tray bottoms (saucers) from the tube feeders which wll help keep the BT Pigeons at bay.  


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you are stitching some sort of greenery in your new start, Beth. It is always good to hear your birds are returning. Even though pigeons!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do the pigeons stay long????
they are a pretty bird--but I bet they also leave alot of 'calling cards' on everything!!??
luv, di

Barb said...

Good luck keeping those nasty pigeons away. That is one bird I do not like!