Friday, November 10, 2017

Next Up

I discovered I had the fabric, Jack's Rum, to stitch "Hey There Pumpkin", so this is going to be my next stitch. More Octoberish that Novemberish, but that's the way it is going to be... 

Here's an autumn bird - a Towhee.

Black and white and orange with glowing red eyes!

I have them all year long, they have a lovely song in the spring.

I put up this feeder a week or so ago.  It has "Butter Bark" a soft suet.  This Chestnut-back Chickadee is the first bird to discover it.  I am hoping for Bushtits and Yellow-rumped Warblers.

I think I'll caption this photo "Biting Off More Than You can Chew"!  

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my, I'm quite smitten with that little pumpkin design (partly because Pumpkin - or Punkin - is my nickname for my kiddo)! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

LaNelle said...

Beth the stitching will be gorgeous love the fabric...lucky to have the colorful birds all year round enjoy!

Robin in Virginia said...

I like your next stitching project. The last photo made me chuckle.

Maggee said...

I really liked stitching that one! It is actually finished and hanging in my kitchen entryway! (I shall do a blogpost this weekend) Great pictures for Autumn! I have seen the White-breasted Nuthatch on my feeder lots, so I hope it over winters with us! Temps dropped today, and will go to freezing tomorrow... Wonder what I will see? Hugs!

Mary said...

The Pumpkin stitch works great for November, I keep all fall décor out till Dec 1st. I do't like rushing the seasons.

The towee's are distinctive looking birds, I don't think we have them year round.


RJ said...

Love the pumpkin stitch Beth. And that towee is such a pretty bird. Great photo. RJ