Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thankful to Stitch and Bird

I think this chart was a gift from someone who no longer blogs due to job changes.  I thought I might start one or two more November-themed stitches before the month ends.

There's certainly much to be grateful for...including a flock on tiny birds.  

Bushtits!  The cutest birds ever. A small flock came by Sunday afternoon.

Female on the left (light eyes), male on the right (dark eyes).

I heard them talking to one another as the flitted about in the brush at the edge of the back yard.

A couple of birds darted out to the suet feeder.

Looks like two females.

Yes, it was raining.

Another small delight showed up, a Red-breasted Nuthatch.

It's rare to get a photo of this bird 'right-side up'.

The Chestnut-backed Chickadee made a trifecta of little birds.

You may not think that little birds can handle peanut spilts, but they do just fine, carrying it off to eat it in a protected area.

There were several slightly larger Golden-crowned Sparrows...

...and Oregon Juncos.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous birding pictures, Beth! Your latest stitch is neat. I stitched it for an exchange this year and should stitch it for myself down the road.

Carol said...

Such a cute new project, Beth! I still can't believe that November is drawing to a close. Thank you for sharing your darling bushtit photos--such teeny little birds!

Jan said...

I always enjoy your stitching and birding pictures!

RJ said...

Such a sweet new stitch Beth. I love the photos you showed us of the bushtit birds...just darling! RJ

Mary said...

Great new chart you started. I love the Oregon junco photo, he looks like he is wearing a little hood...Mary

Patti said...

Love the cross-stitch! I haven't done that in years, but still enjoy seeing the works of art. Those little birds are always so busy! What a lovely Chickadee you have out there.

Maggee said...

That's going to be a cute autumn finish! Love all the little birdies!