Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Autumn Stitching and Autumn Birds

Design - "Autumn" - Four Seasons
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Amber linen
Fibers - DMC, WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 27 October 2017
Completed - 16 November 2017 

Here it is!  I especially like the autumn leaf border at the bottom of the design.


I've discovered the Pine Siskins working in the mudroom flowerbed.  The payoff of not tidying up is that the birds have extra seeds to eat.  

My numbers of Juncos have increased as autumn has marched along.  I often have ten or more birds.

And this autumn a couple of Red-breasted Nuthatches have become regulars at my peanut feeder in the backyard.

After going a couple of weeks without seeing one, on Sunday I was gift with the sighting of a Varied Thrush.

It pays to look closely - sometimes what at first glance looks like a Robin, turns out to be a Varied Thrush.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, your Autumn piece is lovely. I like that bottom border. Well done!

Vickie said...

Autumn is very nice indeed!

Barb said...

Both the birds and the stitching are lovely to look at!

Maggee said...

Yes, the leaves are what drew my eyes too! Great little finish! And... I DO check ALL birds, just in case they are something new and exciting! I had Juncos this week, AND a small flock of American Goldfinches! But I originally thought they were 'just' House Finches! Hugs!

Carol said...

Oh, I love your little fall finish--such perfect colors for the season!