Saturday, August 26, 2017

Oregon Critters

Mornings resemble Heathrow Airport around here.
There  are at least four Rufous Hummingbirds...

...and the same number of Anna's.

The battles over the feeders are fast and furious and noisy.

Small bird, BIG attitude!

Love these close-ups with all the feather detail.

So here is one of my many chipmunks they are Townsend's Chipmunk (Tamias townsendii).

They are still eating sunflower seeds...

....but are also eating seasonally - blackberries!

The two Douglas Squirrels seem to have settled in.

I see them every morning.  And boy are they noisy.

Lots of bunnies too...

Though technically they are rabbits - Brush Rabbit (Sylvilagus bachmani).
I think Brush Bunny sounds nicer than Brush Rabbit.

And let's not forget our White-tailed deer. I saw a doe with a fawn, but they were too skittish, so no photo.  

5 comments:

Maggee said...

Oh, if ONLY I could get hummingbirds to come to my house! I wasn't successful last year, and did not try this year! Next year!! We still have the three bunnies hanging around the back and side yards here... And I saw my first sparrow yesterday, tho it was gone before I could get back with bins! Sigh. Hugs!

blueladie said...

We have hummers around our numerous morning glorys. They sure love them. Thanks again for your pics as always, I love looking. Love those little critters. Cathryn

MaryO said...

We have numerous hummers all engaged in what my husband calls, "hummer wars", diving, chattering, chasing each other. They are such spunky feisty creatures. Full of beans!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฟ

RJ said...

Birds with attitudes...I like that! Wonderful photos as always. I always enjoy them. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Stewart M said...

Very nice. But if it's really like Heathrow you should change outrageous parking fees!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne