Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Hummers

I still have two male Anna's Hummingbirds.  That pleases me.

And there are a couple of females too.

One of them pretty much 'owns' the backyard.  The feeders...

...and the Ali-baba fountain.

She takes a bath at least a couple of times a week.

She perches on the very edge...

...and ducks down to wash her face.

Then flutters back...

...and has at it again.

I've not seen any Rufous Hummingbirds since my sighting in early March.  That bird may have just been passing through as part of his migration further north.  I will keep my eye out and hope that a male or two 'settle' here for the spring / summer.


5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

They are such beautiful little birds.

Margaret said...

Love those hummers!

cspoonquilt said...

Great Pix! I checked out the backyard bird button, great web site! You should enter your pix! Also thanks for the Women's March button I've got to get one! cheers,

Stewart M said...

Wonderful little birds.

Cheers - Stewart M - In Melbourne, but jet-lagged!

Pam said...

BEAUTIFUL shots.....Love hummers.