Sunday, March 26, 2017

And Now There Are Eight

You'll have to take my word for it. 

I now have seen eight different hummingbirds.

Two male Rufous Hummingbirds - like this guy.

I lucked out with the way the light played off his feathers ...orange...

...then green...

...then bronze.
There are also two female Rufous Hummingbirds.

In addition there are two male Anna's Hummingbirds.

They rock fuchsia and purple.

My two female Anna's Hummingbirds are quieter...

...and they will sometimes share a feeder.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your photos of your hummers are super, Beth. It is still a bit early for ours to return, but I am looking forward to their antics when they do.

Barb said...

Hummingbirds have such beautiful colors. I haven't seen any yet. They are too smart to come to this rainy place. Since Oct. we have had more rain than this area usually gets in an entire year!!!!

Margaret said...

So many! And so pretty too!

LDR said...

Terrific hummingbird photos!