Friday, June 5, 2015

A Green Green World

I thought I'd have more progress on my pelican to share with you, but that is not the case.  I have begun the mitten and the pelican's beak and head are done.  

It's Friday!  The world is green and lush.
Let's sing a happy song!

The well-named Song Sparrow

Towhee singing away

Pine Siskin

Female Black-headed Grosbeak

Male Black-headed Grosbeak

Male California Quail

Male Purple Finch - another songster

Female House Finch

Band-tailed Pigeon

Steller's Jay

Scrub Jay

Male American Goldfinch

Cedar Waxwing

Isn't it amazing how many different birds 'hang out' on the branches and tops of the young Douglas Fir trees?  Think what an arid wasteland the backyard would be without native trees and shrubs.

And let's not forget water!  It too is vital and can be green!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Your pelican piece is cute. Nice pictures.

Anna van Schurman said...

I was just thinking about how important having lush gardens and woodlands for our fine feathered friends. I'm not much of a bird watcher, but my two "new to me" visitors have really got me thinking! Love that you caught a couple birds mid-song. :)

cucki said...

Lovely pictures x

Barb said...

Just beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

beautiful birds

Melody said...

I love your pelican mitten. It's been a long time since I have stitched a Cricket mitten. I may have to look for the pelican chart. Beautiful bird photos!!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

Beautiful bird photos Beth. I love the Song Sparrow and Towhee singing.

Sue said...

Which Cricket book is the pelican in?