Friday, July 27, 2012

I Can't Stay Away!

I'm having fun working on "Let Freedom Ring".
I'll probably be able to finish it today.

Besides stitching, I continue to haunt our local nurseries.
And so back to Gray's Garden Center I went.

They have the most amazing display of cascading flowers lining their parking lot.  It is a hellishly hot and windy site along a very busy street.

And yet with drip irrigation, they've managed to create a wall of flowers!

Love this Rudbeckia

and this darling bird feeder

I was good - I did NOT buy another fuchsia!

Another cute bird feeder

and lots of dahlias.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Ok, this teapot bird feeder idea is just so cute!! Love it!

Vickie said...

I'm with Margaret. The teapots are awesome.

Carol said...

Love those teapot birdfeeders--especially the blue and white one!! Such pretty flowers--the cascading hanging baskets are unbelievably lush...

Your new start is very pretty, Beth. I've been seeing lots of red, white, and blue in my stitching lately, too!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a stunning display of flowers to meet you, a very good advertisement.

Melody said...

Such wonderful pictures! The Rudbeckia are just beautiful :)

Barb said...

I do like your patriotic start! What a great nursery. My checkbook is glad it is in Oregon!

Unknown said...

I like the stitch This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice in it. Nice Work. Thanks