Friday, July 6, 2012

Glorious 4th Decorations

Design - "Star Spangled Summer" (kit)
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Natural linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 July 2012
Completed - 4 July 2012

The design called for WDW Twilight.  I thought Twilight was too green and switched to WDW Navy

My Aunt Sandie has been an avid button collector for years.
I thought I'd share some of the holiday button displays she had out in her home for the 4th of July.

Uncle Sam and Red, White, and Blue buttons

Flags and Faces and Shields

More Flags

This was the centerpiece - all flowers from my uncle's garden!

8 comments:

Vickie said...

What a beautiful time at your Aunt and Uncle's. Love those buttons.

Carol said...

Your aunt's button collection is wonderful, Beth-and that's a pretty star button on your cute, new finish, too! How does she display them?

MoonBeam said...

Cool new patriotic stitch. Love the buttons...what a great collection. Great Fourth floral arrangement...I see green thumbs run in the family!

Bobbi

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love your latest finish! I also love seeing you Aunt's button cards! What a fun post!

Margaret said...

What fun! Love your star spangled piece. And all the buttons! So cool!

Melanie said...

Love the button collection! I can totally see how those would be fun/addicting to collect. The button on your finish is fun too! Super cute.

Ruth said...

Good show Aunt Sadie and Mr. Aunt Sadie!

And your stitching -- well that's perfect -- I highly approve of the color switch.

A belated happy 4th to you!

Barb said...

Hi Beth, What a cute finish!! I love all the buttons!