Thursday, June 25, 2020

Summer Celebration

 
Design - "Litha: Summer Solstice" (freebie)
Designer - The Primitive Hare
Fabric - 25 count Vintage Country Mocha Lugana
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 June 2014
Completed - 23 June 2014

Summer is here - let's celebrate.

The House Wrens are parents now.  

I watch them fly in and out of the house.  Often when they leave, they are carrying a fecal sac to help keep the nest clean of feces.  Pretty clever of Mother Nature.

As best I can tell the Black-capped Chickadees are done nesting.

I think a Downy Woodpecker created the tiny holes on this branch.

I had a female Brown-headed Cowbird show up.

Big news in Acorn Woodpeckerland!  I've seen three birds multiple times now.  This is a new bird - a male with pink eyes.

The Pine Siskins have nested and fledged.  The youngster on top successful begged for food and was fed multiple times.

And here's a young Steller's Jay!  A rumpled mess like most teenagers are.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely bee stitch! Loved each one of your bird photos, but my favorite in this batch is the young Stellar's Jay.

N.Nightlinger said...

Oh, how lucky I feel to have found your website! A stitching site connected us but your bird pictures bring me such joy I look forward to coming again. It is such a treat to be able to see so many different birds and to see their young. Thank you so much for sharing your hobbies.

Barb said...

What a great project for the solstice!

The Primitive Moon said...

Uwielbiam ten wzor.