Thursday, June 11, 2020

Down by the Big Creek


Design - "Bee Busy Bee Happy"
Chart - "Summer Trio"
Designer - Homespun Elegance
Fabric - 28 count Dirty Cashel linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 August 2013 (London, England) 
Completed - 30 October 2013 (Eugene, Oregon

This morning I decided to bird watch along the edge of the Big Creek.

It turned out to be a rather drizzly morning and I found shelter under the canopy of a White Oak.
A small flock of Black-capped Chickadees was oblivious to the rain.

As was this young doe.

Several Song Sparrows sang away...

...as did the Black-headed Grosbeaks.

The doe spent most of the time bedded down...

...where she was joined by a bunny.

Cedar Waxwings were active and I managed one decent photo.

I saw several warblers, but only briefly, so no sure IDs much less photos.
The Song Sparrows were reliable.

This wins as the Best Bird of my watch.
It's a Flycatcher and the first I've seen this year. 

I'll finish off with a disheveled American Robin.

Sing out loud.

1 comment:

Barb said...

All those wonderful birds were not bothered by the rain! Super pictures!