Monday, June 29, 2020

Back to Stitching

Sunday was cool and showery so I pulled out "Chester" to work on.  I finished up the rug and started working on filling in the boarder.

Earlier in the week, I decided to sit by the Big Creek to see what was going on there.  Besides Steller's Jays, Chickadees, Downy Woodpeckers, and Goldfinches, I spied my first Western Tanager of the year (no photo).  I was able to capture a Bewick's Wren.

And a Willow Flycatcher entertained me coming by several times to pose.






There was also a small flock of Cedar Waxwings.

And lots of Black-headed Grosbeaks.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good progress on Chester, Beth! Super bird shots you featured today!

Barb said...

What a great collection of birds! Chester is looking good! Did you ever try to control the deer with a spray that came on when there was movement. I think that would be safe for the deer but might discourage them. Please let me know what you think.