Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Baby Bird

Design - "Sewing Bees" - Pin Cushion
Designer - Schoolroom Samplings
Fabric - 28 count natural linen
Fibers - DMC & Needle Necessities - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 June 2012
Completed - 25 June 2012

It's that time of the year!

I had my first sighting of a newly fledged Hairy Woodpecker.

It's a boy!

And Mom is feeding him.







Later I saw an adult male Hairy with a young male (the same one?)

Hoping to see some Downy Woodpecker babies and of course, an Acorn Woodpecker baby or two.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow! What super shots you were able to get of the young man and his momma!

Barb said...

I have a question for you Beth. I purchased a very pretty hanging fushia earlier this spring. Today I found three little Oregon Junco eggs in it. I did not water the plant. Should I avoid watering until the babies are gone. It might kill the plant but I can't hurt the baby birds or now eggs.

MaryO said...

Oh so sweet!