Friday, March 20, 2020

Woodpecker Week

 Design - "St. Patrick's Flip it"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Summer Khaki Belfast linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 March 2017
Completed - 5 March 2017 


I've had a nice selection of woodpeckers recently.

Both a female...

...and a male Downy Woodpecker.  They
often show up at the same time, but they are not buddies and each eat in a separate area / feeder.

Also have had a female Hairy Woodpecker pretty regularly.

She's most often in the backyard.

And my pair of Acorn Woodpeckers are here daily.
The male up high, the female down low.

The male has blue eyes...

...the female has pink eyes.

I've also seen several Flickers though never when I had my camera ready.  And I've heard a Pileated Woodpecker 'laughing' for two days in a row, though have not managed to locate the bird.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful woodpecker shots, Beth! We have 2 pileated woodpeckers around this week. Adorable LK stitch!

Pam in IL said...

I don't always comment, but I do read all of your posts. Thank you for sharing all that you share. It's so nice to see the birds, flowers and cross stitch. Gives me a few minutes away from the chaos of the current crisis.

MaryO said...

So beautiful! We had woodpeckers in CT, but alas, I've never heard any here in San Pedro, CA...lovely pics Beth.🤗