Saturday, March 21, 2020

Then End of an Era

It is the end of an era in our house. 
In April 2001 a pregnant feral cat, which we then named Cleo, came into our lives. She subsequently delivered 5 kittens on 5/30/2001 and we kept three. Later that summer, Tom, the father of the kittens showed up and we had a Cat Family of 5. Today, almost 19 years later, we had to say good-bye to the final surviving member, Parvati Patel Hufflepuff.

Here's a look back at Miss Patel.

Parvati on the left with her brother Solomon.

The twins.
Padma, on the left, was the first first kitten born. His sister, Parvati, on the right, came next.

Atop the piano.

Hanging out on a chair.

Chill-laxing up on the cat tower.

Hunting.

A close encounter.

Purrfect catitude!

Marching along on business.

I was asleep!

Watchful Huntress.

A cat can nap most anywhere!

 Good-bye dear Parvati, we will miss you without end.

18 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so sorry Beth. Nineteen is a most excellent age. What a lovely family of orange cats you had. Take care my friend.

deb said...

Oh, Beth, I'm so sorry.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I am sorry to read of Parvati's passing. What a long and beautiful life she had. Thinking of you!

MaryO said...

So sorry for your loss Beth. I'm sure all your precious kitties are at the Rainbow Bridge.
Luv
MaryO

Nicole said...

Awe, what a sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Erica said...

I am so sorry Beth!
I know what you are going through. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful loving home.
Erica

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

A cat family that found a great home and was loved and cherished each and every day.

Linda said...

So sorry for your loss Beth. Its always hard when we lose a furbaby.

Linda

Wanda McColl said...

Dear Beth,
I am so very sorry.
Take good care.

Elaine said...

Beth, I am so sorry. The hole she leaves is 19 years deep, but it is filled with love.

Barb said...

Beth, this is such sad news. I have always loved seeing your posts with this delightful cat. I will be thinking about you and your family!

LDR said...

Beth, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Lisa

sheryl said...

Im so very sorry... prayers for you at this sad time.

Pam in IL said...

Aww, I'm so sorry to read this, Beth. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Jeannine520 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss of Parvati. I've followed your blog for years and have always enjoyed seeing your beautiful orange cats. I've been sad for your losses and for them each time one passed. I hope they are all together again bird watching in the sun.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!

Carol said...

I'm so sorry, Beth--I know your sweet Parvati will be dearly missed!

Astrids dragon said...

What a special and beautiful girl, I'm so sorry for your loss. Treasure your memories and how lovely you have so many photos to remember her by.