Monday, March 23, 2020

Finally, He's Back!


Design - "Plaid Bunny"
Chart - "The Bunny Collection"
Designer - JBW Designs
Fabric - 28 count Antique White Cashel
Floss - DMC
Started - 6 August 2010
Completed - 9 August 2010


Can a cat have a totem bird?
Strangely after not seeing or hearing a Pileated Woodpecker for months, I heard one on Wednesday and Friday last week.

Then on Friday at exactly the time my sister was at the vet with Parvati, look who showed up!

Forever after I will now think about Parvati Patel Hufflepuff when I see a Pileated Woodpecker.

Doing the Mohawk hair thing!

Look how the red glows in the sunlight.

This is an adult male - red all the way to the beak in the front and a red mustache.

He's up in the huge dead old growth Douglas Fir tree that the Ravens and Turkey Vultures like to roost in.

He laughed several times, but did not drumming, preened instead.

You can see another woodpecker has been at work in this tree.  Pileated Woodpecker holes are usually long ovals, so I'm not sure who the hole belongs to.  Anyway I'm glad there are Pileated Woodpeckers in the neighborhood once again.

3 comments:

CathieJ said...

What a beautiful bird.

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to see your Pileated Woodpeckers are back! They are so handsome!

Barb said...

You know, I have a very open mind about such things. I am glad he appeared whatever the reason.