Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Last Bird Stitch of the Series


Here it is!
The 12th and final bird in the Little Stitcher's Bird Calendar Series
December's bird is perfect for the holidays - a European Bullfinch. 

I haven't blogged about woodpeckers lately, so here we go.

I've had a couple of little Downy Woodpeckers at the front feeders.

A female...

...and a male.

I'm not seeing the larger Hairy Woodpeckers regularly.

It's been a couple of weeks since I've seen any.

I did see a Red-breasted Sapsucker in mid-November.

Very usually, the bird let me approach and click off a couple of nice photos.

I'm hearing multiple Acorn Woodpeckers, 

...but am only seeing this one male at the feeders.

The Flickers are hanging out nearby...

....in the trees...

...rather than at the feeders.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hard to believe we have reached bird #12! Enjoyed seeing your latest batch of woodpecker photos, Beth!

Rachel said...

What a sweet and perfect bird for December! Your pictures are very cool, I can always hear woodpeckers in my backyard but can never catch sight of one.:)

Barb said...

I always enjoy seeing your wonderful collection of wood peckers!

Margaret said...

I have a great fondness for woodpeckers! I look forward to your stitching that last in the series design up.