Thursday, December 13, 2018

Reindeer and Woodpecker



Chart - "Reindeer Sampler" - (kit)
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count natural linen / silk
Started - 11 November 2001

Completed -17 November 2001

This is turning out to be a Woodpecker Week.

Today I'm featuring the smallest of my woodpeckers - The Downy Woodpecker. 

I've had a male at the front feeders with some frequency... 

...but Tuesday morning, a female Downy came by. 

She landed on the side of the suet feeder...

...but soon sidled around to have something to eat.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I love your Reindeer Sampler stitch. There has been more woodpecker activity here this week.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I've been catching up on your posts and noticed just how many birds have red somewhere on their head or body. It pops out at you in such a bright and cheery way. I think that's why the robins over here are so appealing in winter when everything else is dull.

Rhodesia said...

Lucky you. I hear 'our' woodpecker often but seldom see it!! Take care Diane

Carol said...

Love that sampler and also love the fact that Heart In Hand has been designing for so many years now!

Mary said...

Love your stitch and what a handsome woodpecker! I'm getting lots of woodpeckers at my feeder now but not sure which ones they are!