Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Another New Start


When I'm disorganized and rushed, there's nothing like a pre-packaged kit to get me quickly back on track. Now I need to channel the sentiment: All is calm!

A blue sky day made it easy to see and enjoy this Acorn Woodpecker. 

I love how they march along the top of a branch, only to roll over and march along the bottom, because, hey they're woodpeckers!

This branch is a favorite perch. 

This one is a male.

Bright red head with white on the front of his face.


6 comments:

Margaret said...

Such a lovely woodpecker! Love his bright head! I agree -- kits are fantastic. Enjoy the new start!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the shots of the woodpecker! Good pick for a new start, Beth!

Rhodesia said...

How lucky you are to see them and thanks for sharing. Take care Diane

Barb said...

I think those Acorn Woodpeckers look like the clowns of the woodpecker world! I mean the word clown nicely, fun and friendly!

RJ said...

Cute new stitch you have started. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Great photos of the woodpecker...he is cute!!! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

Kits are very handy indeed! I need to invest in a few more ;)

Love his red head--what a cute little guy!