Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Finish to Share

Design - "Calendar of Birds" - "November" - "Titmouse"
Designer - The Little Stitcher
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Mocha linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 17 November 2018
Completed - 28 November 2018

I did get to see a couple of Tufted Titmice when I was in Michigan the summer of 2017. This is an adult...

...and this is a youngster.

Here's what I'm seeing in the backyard.

There are several Lesser Goldfinches still aruond.

They stand out even with intense autumn color.

Here's a House Finch.

This Towhee gave me several poses.

Again...

...and again.

Blue sky and bright blue Steller's Jay.

One of my loudest and prettiest birds.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Sweet finish, such a pretty bird IRL and in a stitch!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the coloring of the Steller's Jay! Congratulations on your bird stitch finish!

Rhodesia said...

Some interesting shots here and I love the cross-stitch, Have a good day Diane

RJ said...

Lovely stitch and the prettiest of bird photos. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane . I miss those sweet little birds! I do love the stitched piece. It is very realistic looking.

Astrids dragon said...

Such a beautiful bird, both stitched and real!

Vickie said...

A darling finish of a darling bird!