Monday, April 23, 2018

A Finish to Share

Design - "Little Birds Calendar - Chaffinch - March"
Designer - The Little Stitcher
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Mocha linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 15 April 2018
Finished - 18 April 2018

I am pleased with this finish.  Several folks have asked about these charts.  The Little Stitcher has a Etsy store - the charts are $7.00.  They are four pages.  The cover page is in color, the actual chart is in black and white.  The charts are easy to print off from the PDF file and very easy to follow. 

When I was in England the summer of 2013 I saw a Chaffinch or two.

This bird was hanging out at the RHS garden called Wisley.  A wonderful bird habitit. You can see how cleverly the cross stitch design replicates the bird.

I am ready to share bird photos - no finches - woodpeckers instead. 

I could hardly believe my eyes - a Downy Woodpecker after months without seeing one.

And it even came to the suet feeder.

You can see how much smaller it is than this female Hairy Woodpecker.

It was nice to see her too.

I even got see a male Hairy Woodpecker.

All three Acorn Woodpeckers have been active.

The most I've been able to photograph at the same time though is a pair.

Male

Female

Female

Male

Both sexes for the Northern Flickers too.

Female

Male.

Here's hoping sometime soon I'm able to share photos of a Sapsucker and / or Pileated Woodpecker.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your bird stitch turned out super, Beth. Glad the Downy woodpecker has returned! Enjoy your day.

Rhodesia said...

Lovely photos. I have never seen a flicker, interesting look bird.
Have a good week Diane

Barb said...

That's a beautiful little stitched bird. The actual one is very pretty too. The wood peckers look great!

Stewart M said...

Wow! I love woodpeckers of all kinds, and we have precisely none in Australia! Nice to see some!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Maggee said...

Cute little stitched Chaffinch! Looks very true to the actual bird! Love the woodies! I'll trade you a Sapsucker AND Pileated for a Hairy!! Sapsuckers come here in early fall thru winter, Pileateds are here all year long! Last time we went to the state park about a week ago, we were driving along the road, slowly, because there were Warblers on the ground in front of us... So we were intent on not disturbing them... then I happened to notice action on our right, and right there! next to us was a pair of Pileateds!! I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get a snap, dang it! What a hoot!