Thursday, June 16, 2016

Birds and Bees

Design - "Birds N Bees"
Designer - Schoolroom Samplings
Fabric - 30 count natural linen
Fibers - DMC over two strands
Started - 7 August 2005
Completed - 13 August 2005

A fitting piece to revisit given all the birds and bees activity this month.

You are probably tired of me posting about my poor lonely female Evening Grosbeak..

I think she got tired of me posting about her 'singledom'. 

Because on Tuesday this handsome fellow showed up with her!

Yes!

Now we have a chance to see baby Evening Grosbeaks in a few weeks.

Way to go girl! 

I am so glad that you have a companion. 

The same day my Willow Flycatcher came by.

He is such a sweet little bird.

And I am amused by his buzzy call.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

You know I love the colors in Birds and Bees!!

Pondside said...

That's a pretty piece.
Birds we have aplenty, but bees are relatively scarce. Everyone is trying to plant bee-friendly plants in an effort to make life easier for them.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Stitch is very cute

Barb said...

Best wishes to the Grosbeaks!

Carol said...

Quite the beaks on those Grosbeaks!! Hope they find happiness :)

Maggee said...

You are certainly going to be on the alert for baby Grosbeaks this summer! I never heard of that designer, and am off to see what more she has!