Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !!!


Do you have plans for this holiday weekend?
Take a look at how my family celebrated the 4th of July in years past. 


4 July 1937 - Newport, OR

VISITING FAMILY
My great-aunt Ellen, great-grandmother Elsie, her sister-in-law Olivia, and brother-in-law George.  


Crater Lake - 4 July 1941

VISITING A NATIONAL PARK
My great-aunt Ellen 


4 July 1954 - Reno, NV

ON A FAMILY VACATION 
My grandmother, aunts, and mother (right)


July 1962 - Oregon

CAMPING
My aunts and grandparents

July 4, 1991

TAKING PART IN A LOCAL RUN/WALK
My sister, my Mom, and me!

How are you going to spend the day?

One year ago today Mom and I took a daytrip to the Queen's Norfolk residence - Sandringham.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Love, LOVE that hummer on the star. =) Fantastic pictures Beth. I will be stitching. Our parade and fireworks were last night.

Margaret said...

What fun to see your celebrations of the 4th! Love it! Such a cute hummer too! Happy 4th!

Barb said...

What fun seeing all the ways your family has celebrated July 4th. Our day has been fairly quiet.

Maggee said...

I spent the entire day cooking and prepping for today, so I could relax with visiting family! At least I was FREE to do that... Love the hummer on the star decoration...and the fact that you were ready to snap a picture when that came about! What are the odds!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a cool picture of the hummingbird on the red star! I loved the pictures of your family throughout history--very neat! I hope you had a happy 4th. We had the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and watched all the surrounding fireworks displays right from our dining room windows!

Pam in IL said...

Wonderful photos! Love the hummer on the star too.

Happy Independence Day!