Sunday, October 9, 2011

October @ The Farmers' Market

It turned out to be a lovely morning, so I bagged the Fall decorating to go down to the Farmers' Market.

October produce included Peppers...

...and Grapes...

...and Winter Squash.

The variety and abundance of produce is remarkable - especially considering we've had cool, wet weather the last several days.

Each week, this is my downfall - the bakeries.  There are four or five of them, so it is a constant temptation when walking about the Market.
Croissants, and brownies, and pain au chocolate...arghh!
I must have them all.

This week there was a nice selection of apples...

...and more Squash...

Even Basil!

This is the first time I remember seeing Elderberries.

Sweet Leaf of Junction City, OR wins hands down with this amazing display.

5 comments:

MoonBeam said...

I'd vote for the Sweet Leaf display, too. Thanks for sharing the beautiful harvests.

CalamityJr said...

You've made me hungry! How nice to have such a great market nearby, and that you take advantage of it. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your farmers market puts the ones around me to shame. I would have gone too. You can always decorate when it is raining.
Cool photo's too. Postcard shots!

Unknown said...

It is amazing how beautiful farm produce can be - thanks for showing us.

Melanie said...

Ooooooo, I love that last photo!! I would use that as a desktop photo for sure. I love all the colors.