Thursday, December 7, 2023

Finally Flickers

Design - "Wee Santa 2017"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count WDW Aztec Red
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 5 December 2017
Completed - 30 December 2017

The Flickers have been AWOL the past month or so.

I am pleased to now see a couple in the backyard in the morning.

This is a quietly pretty female.

Beauty shot!

They are the alpha birds at the feeders and will chase of Starlings.

And after years of having dozens of California Quail,

I am down to just one - this male.

He's the only quail I've seen since late August.

1 comment:

Pam C said...

I always admire your stitching, but the “Wee Santa” is wonderful! The markings on the flicker and the quail are so stunning. I expanded my photos of them just to see their patterns better. Thank you for all of your great photos.