Monday, August 16, 2021

Smoke and Birds

 

Making good progress.  Just need to finish up the heron.

Speaking of herons!

I had a couple of Great Blue Herons fly overhead Sunday morning. 

They seemed almost to be floating along.

I also had a Red-breasted Nuthatch (left).

Did not get any great photos.

He was lurking.

I also had a White-breasted Nuthatch.


I haven't talked about the wildfires in Lane County.
They are fierce and a month earlier than last year.  The skies are smoky and the sunrises and sunsets intense.



2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Heron is looking awesome, Beth. I have been wondering if you had been having to deal with the wildfires and smoke. Take care and be safe!

Barb said...

The heron is looking very pretty. I was worried about how much smoke you were dealing with. We had a few bad days last week but things are much better today. Take care and i hope this summer goes even quicker than normal. It has been way too hot!!