Friday, August 6, 2021

One of the Best Summer Birds

 

The reindeer is taking shape and I've added a few leaves to the border.

Wednesday morning the young Bullock's Oriole came by and I was able to take LOTS of photos.  I narrowed it down to 15!   

I'm not going to bother with commentary for each photo, just enjoy the many poses and looks at this great summer season bird.

It's special to have a Bullock's Oriole was they are very habitat specific.  They require water and oak, ash, and cottonwood as nest building sites.  I am fortunate to have all the elements they need. 




Moved to a new location.


Moved again







Since the bird has come a couple of days in a row around 8:00am, I've decided to put out an oriole feeder (like a humming bird feeder, but larger with bigger ports) and see if it will find it / use it. I've never had any luck in the past - here's hoping! 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The Bullock's Oriole is a beautiful bird. Your deer is looking good!

MaryO said...

Love this! What a little beauty! Hope the feeder works....Great stitch too.
MaryO

dgs said...

Sweet deer design. I love Orieles and how fun you have a Bullocks coming by. Btw I spotted a bird in the San Juan which flew by to a tree rather quickly and I haven't yet been able to identify it. It reminded me of an Oriele with very vibrant yellow body and totally black wings. By chance you may have an idea. I'm still searching.

JustGail said...

I gave up on the oriole feeder. They ignored it in favor of the hummingbird feeder hanging right beside it.